Going beyond our obligation to offer the maximum transparency possible to our donors, for us this is our duty and a philosophy to live by, in the most strict manner possible.
In this section we will post the NGO yearly summaries, as well as data on our financial situation, our operations, etc.
What follows are the key points related to AfricaNguvu's finances during the 2018 period.
In 2018, AfricaNguvu received a total of 10.056,15€ in donations from our friends and benefactors.
In 2018, AfricaNguvu had an operational income of 815,19€ coming from our tuktuk business in Kisumu.
Therefore in total AfricaNguvu had an income of 10.870,72€ in 2018.
In 2018, AfricaNguvu spent a total of 12.567,49€.
As you can see, our spending exceed our incomes by almost 2.000€; this is due to the fact that towards the end of 2018 we had a large and unforeseeable spend when buying plane tickets for a donor who visited us in Kenya and had to fly back to Spain urgently due to an emergency. This money was later refunded to us in February 2019.
It’s also important to note that any transfer of money from Spain to our accounts in Kenya is labeled as an “administrative cost”, as the money essentially leaves our bank account in Spain and needs to be contemplated as such.
Analyzing the spends more in detail, we see the following:
- Firstly, we have not included the Spanish “administrative spends” as it is not a real cost (“right pocket, left pocket”). This way the graph remains correct.
- The NGO’s biggest spend is, as is obvious, the purchase of the tuktuks, which amounts to 72% of the spend in 2018.
- Our second biggest spend (10% of the total) is “other administrative costs”, which includes Nesta’s salary, police fines, vehicle registration taxes, etc.
- Thirdly, the third highest cost is the vehicle maintenance costs, amounting to 6% of the total.
- Accommodation, internet and transport are the next highest costs, all of them between 2 and 3%.
Official public documents of the NGO
Estatutos AfricaNguvuOpen Download Copy Link 3.05 MB 29 de February de 2020
Business Plan AfricaNguvuOpen Download Copy Link 1.44 MB 29 de February de 2020
Documento CIF Definitivo AfricaNguvuOpen Download Copy Link 25.58 KB 29 de February de 2020
|Resolución-de-Inscripcion-al-Registro-de-Asociaciones-Ministerior-del-Interior.pdf Open Download Copy Link 3.59 MB 29 de February de 2020|
Resumen proyectoOpen Download Copy Link 578.7 KB 29 de February de 2020